6 Ways to Build Your Brand through Social Media Marketing
Most people think branding is just about logos and colors, and that might be part of branding but it isn’t the whole story. A big part of branding involves perception by the public or your target audience. According to Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, your brand is “what people say about you when you leave the room.”
Consider the following when building your brand on social media:
- You don’t need to be on all social media platforms. There are over 65 social media platforms in the world, and you shouldn’t spread yourself thin to be active on all of them, especially as a small business.
- Prioritize the metrics that move your business forward. As much as follower count and likes are important, they shouldn’t be your priority. Engagement with your audience should be. That includes active conversations with followers (existing and future customers) and generates genuine interest in your products, services, and brand. You’ll want to create content that is relevant, informative, and educational.
- Showcase your brand by producing high-quality visuals. Use free social media design tools like Canva and stock photography websites like Pixabay to make your visuals more appealing.
In this article, we share six ways to build a brand through social media marketing.
1. Choose the Right Social Media Platform
Each social media platform has its advantages and disadvantages. Consider this before opening a page or an account. For example, Twitter is built differently from Facebook. If you are in the entertainment or political scene, Twitter should be your number one platform of choice. However, if your business is visually oriented, Instagram should be your priority. Leverage the platforms that will showcase your brand and business offerings best.
2. Post Consistently
Consistency is one of the ways to beat ever-changing algorithms. Embrace active posting by developing a strategy and following through with it. In your strategy, map out objectives that will guide the nature of your content and your distribution plan. If you are a busy small-business owner, consider scheduling your posts using a social media management tool like SocialHero or Meta Business Suite.
3. Have a Unique Hashtag
Hashtags are searchable on most social media platforms. Create a unique hashtag for your brand that will help you monitor and track conversations and mentions. Place the hashtag in your social media page’s bio or description so that new followers can become familiar with it.
4. Build your Brand Voice
While choosing your demographics, know the brand voice and tone that your target audience appreciates. Brand personalities can be friendly, professional, authoritative, etc. Brand tones can be personal, scientific, or humble. Defining your brand voice will help you attract and engage the right audience for your business.
5. Go Visual
To stimulate imagination, go visual. Visualize data, abstract concepts, and graphics that illustrate the themes of your brand. Videos and images typically perform better than text-only posts on social media. There are free tools to help you edit videos and design graphics, which help your brand aesthetics on social media.
6. Collaborate with Influencers
Using influencer marketing can help build awareness of your brand. There are four types of social media influencers: nano, micro, macro, and celebrities. As a small business owner with a small budget, consider collaborations with influencers.
For example, small business owners who sell natural food spices can collaborate with an influencer with a cooking show on YouTube. In this partnership, these business owners can supply the influencers with spices and, in return, the influencers can mention their products in their YouTube videos.
Ready to build your brand on social media? SocialHero is the ultimate social media marketing solution for small businesses. We combine the latest in social management technology with a network of digital experts. Get in touch to learn more.